Calendar

Kinship NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaiagil
Officer

re: The Tolkien Professor Needs You!!!!

Aiya Dunedain,

Corey Olsen, AKA the Tolkien Professor, is asking for help through indiegogo to keep his dream of a serious higher education experience online alive and well. Alganon, Laerlenn and I have all taken classes at Mythgard. Together, we took one on Arthurian Legends with Verlyn Flieger. It was amazing and kept us talking every week. Because I believe in Corey's dream (what educator could resist?), I'm donating to his cause.

This is the part you will all find interesting. He has named the different funding levels with titles from Tolkien's world. The level I plan to donate at is called, Ranger. Yes, Dunedain! Ranger! It's $75 and gives me a gift and three votes toward the next Mythgard Academy Course subject. What is that?

Let me explain. The Mythgard Institute offers graduate classes toward the M.A. Degree. The Mythgard Academy will offer discussion courses on various works of fantasy etc. literature with amazing faculty for free. Anyone can attend and participate. This, to me, is the epitome of what education means. The commercialization of education has made it so that people cannot learn at this depth without paying exorbitant fees. Dr. Olsen is trying to change that, and I want to help him.

Here's the link to the indiegogo page for this campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-mythgard-institute. If you can join me, I would be proud to stand at your side!

Gaiagil

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum